Thursday 30 January 2014

2014

We have been doing all the boring music related stuff recently, the dull things that come with releasing an album. We haven't played a gig since November last year, it is driving me a little insane, I want to get out among the madness again. Here are some things that have been keeping me amused in the down time....

WRITING... album number two doesn't come out for another few weeks but we already have a bunch of new songs for the next one written and demoed. We are not very good at sitting still. Every time we see a good band or hear a good album we want to write straight away. This is the first bunch of songs we've written as a five piece, so that has given an additional creative edge. Who knows, maybe after a dull 2013 we might release two albums in 2014. Maybe, just maybe.

GAME OF THRONES... I am not really a fan of Lord of The Rings. A fact that confuses the rest of the band, one or two of them are real LOTR geeks. I've seen the first two films, and just didn't get into it. Therefor, I didn't really expect to enjoy Game of Thrones. I figured it would be a similar sort of scenario. Oh how wrong I was!!! I got the box-set as a Christmas present and have been totally hooked. I cant sit and watch countless episodes of a show all at once, so the process has been reasonably slow, but I am a fan. I think I may love John Snow more than any other man in history. I love that bastard. I'm about to start series three. I am excited.

WARPAINT...the new Warpaint album is incredible. I loved their first album and EP as well, but the new album is a bit less "jazzy" and a bit more focused, the songs are unreal, and it sounds so bloody good.

THE THE...I bought an album by The The a few years back when I was in the middle of a real 80s post-punk binge, but I couldn't really get into it. That was before I heard This Is The Day, which is one of the best songs I've heard in a long time, I have no idea how I could have avoided it up until now. This lead me to buy the Soul Mining album and I have since become a total fan boy.

STAR WARS...I was a late bloomer with Star Wars, I hadn't seen any of the films until about two years ago, at which point I watched all of them in six consecutive nights. Recently I've been watching them all again. I think I might be getting scared of real life, I spent all of my spare time watching fantasy and sci-fi films and TV shows.

SOBRIETY...without wanting to sound like one of those awful "new year, new me" people, I have so far been completely sober in 2014. It is an odd feeling. Booze was creating too many black moods, so I decided to give it up for a while. In a strange coincidence I now have more money, weeeeeeird.

Essentially I have become a complete geek and hermit this year. We need to start playing live again soon, otherwise I'll be giving up sex as well and turning to Jesus. Save me rock n' roll, save me soon.....

X X X

No comments:

Post a Comment